Thursday, December 17, 2009

Happy Holidays from Vox

Vox
Vox Talks: December 2009

Make Spirits Bright

brightEvery year around this time, I spend weeks running around trying to find the perfect present for everyone on my list and no matter how well I think I’ve planned, I always end up out and about on Christmas Eve frantically looking for just one more gift… The stress, the chaos, the money, it all finally got to me and this year I’ve told everyone that my presence will be their present. Call me Scrooge if you want, but I’ve got to say, so far this has been the most relaxing holiday I’ve ever had. Instead of worrying about gifts, I can focus on what’s really important: the people I love.

Which is a really long way of getting to my idea for a fun, easy, free way you can give a gift to the Voxers in your neighborhood this holiday season. This year, give the gift of recognition. Choose someone in your neighborhood you think would enjoy a little time in the spotlight and write a post about him or her. It doesn’t have to be long, just a little something about why you enjoy this person’s Vox blog. It’s a great way for all of us to meet new friends and neighbors, as well as a chance to recognize someone who brightens your day on a regular basis.

Tag your post “holiday spotlight” so we can find each other's posts and I’ll do a round-up of some favorites on Team Vox in the coming weeks!

A Whole New World

Avatar

James Cameron’s latest film, AVATAR, takes us to a spectacular world beyond imagination , where a reluctant hero embarks on an epic adventure, ultimately fighting to save the alien world he has learned to call home.

What would it take to get you to start a new life on a new world?
Magic powers? Unrequited love? A fresh start? Answer today’s QotD to share your answer and be sure to check out AVATAR, in theaters tomorrow.

See You in 2010

I can’t believe this year is almost over. Many of you have sent me some great suggestions for things you’d like to see on Vox in 2010 and I just wanted to say how much the entire team values your input. I can’t wait to see what the next year brings for you and for Vox.

Happy Holidays and the Happiest New Year!

daisy, Team Vox

Check in with Vox
Sign In
Post
Take a Tour
Invite a Friend
[this is good]
[this is good]
from Kat the Acrobat

Brought to you by Six Apart, creators of Movable Type, Vox and TypePad.
Six Apart Services: Blogs | Free Blogs | Content Management | Advertising

Vox © 2003-2009 Six Apart, Ltd. All Rights Reserved.

Six Apart, 548 4th Street, San Francisco, CA 94107

Help | Vox Tour | Explore Vox | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy

No comments:

Post a Comment